A monument to the people who fought on this battlefield.Monday, August 23, 2010
Last Day of Famiy Trip
We spent the last day of our trip in Montana at a Nez Perce Indian battlefield. It was called the Battle of the Big Hole. We had a National Park Ranger give us a tour and were sad to find out that the weekend before a group of Nez Perce had traveled the 200 miles their ancestors had gone and just been at this battle field. They had a memorial and a reenactment of sorts of the battle day. I find that the older I get the more history is interesting and I hope that as I take my kids to places like this one they will see history with new eyes and a better understanding. What an amazing place to end our family weekend.
A monument to the people who fought on this battlefield.
A monument to the people who fought on this battlefield.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Seriously - what an amazing trip. You have the cutest family. I just love them all! Glad you were able to visit so many fun/historic places!
Post a Comment